Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dresser

after

before... eeek!




A bit of progress has been made on the poor 80's purple sponged dresser. Since Mr. H. has time off due to our weather, he, out of boredom, took poor dresser out to the garage and at the end of the day, this is what he carried back in for me.  He also graciously removed and dumped the gold knobs.

I've actually grown quite fond of her current look and have debated keeping her just like this. You probably think I'm crazy, but I love the character of it.

But, I've decided to paint her blue. I have a soft spot for blue painted furniture.




This is one of my favorite blogs. Her pictures and ideas are dreamy! I LOVE the distressed dresser in her header. It's the one that inspired me to keep ugly 80's dresser as she currently is and paint one of the drawers black..... but I think too much paint has been removed to get the real effect of this one :( 

SO QUESTION: What do you think of painting the body of the dresser blue and the drawer fronts white... or vice versa? Or should I stay with one color?

Anyway, you all have a fabulously blessed day.....

I'm in the mood to paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment