Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kombucha withdrawls

Are any of you suffering from the latest ridiculous recall of GT's Kombucha??? Well, I am. I miss it so much. I've never missed anything this much. Not even Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (my used to be most favorite candy ever) until I developed an allergy to peanuts. I made it through the lack of peanut's and peanut butter/jelly sandwiches in my diet, however.... the vinegary goodness, that burst of flavor... Trilogy, Gingerberry, Strawberry, augh! I'm having a very hard time not drinking it daily. Something huge in my day is just lost :(

So what to do??? Make my own! I know it will not compare to GT's. But, I'm hoping it will get me through the days until it returns to my favorite store and back on the shelves that I know so well. All those beautiful bottles lined up perfectly, the pretty colors and flavors.

The vision of a fridge stocked with Komucha compares to a beautifully decorated, lighted up Christmas tree to me.

Here is my scoby and sweet tea. I made it yesterday. In 9 more days it will be fermented and ready. Then I'll pour it into bottles with pressed fresh Ginger and let it sit another 5 days.... It will seem like forever, but I know will be worth the wait.


Do any of you make your own Kombucha? What flavors do you add?

No comments:

Post a Comment