Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hello my neglected little blog

So I am excited today as I am planning and designing my raised vegetable garden. Figuring out where the beds will be placed and which vegetables to plant. I have been juicing, alot. So the thought of growing my own organic vegetables to throw in my juicer has me very motivated. I was inspired to juice from the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". I juice every fruit and vegetable I can. Nothing makes me feel better than handing my kiddos a large glass of vitamins and nutrients.  They don't eat vegetables... once cooked, they loose all those precious micronutrients anyway. Did you know that juiced broccoli has no flavor? Ha! A perfect way to sneak that valuable vegetable into their diet.

What I am planning to grow and my fav's to juice so far.

Beets (we juice the greens too)
Chard
Cucumbers
Tomatoes (Juice your own tomato juice, I mix mine with green peppers)
Parsley
Carrots
Broccoli
Green Peppers

I also juice, oranges, apples, lemons, limes, ginger root, mustard greens, pineapple, mango, peaches (yum)! And alot more just not coming to mind right now.

I like to mix the veggies with the oranges and apples. Those give the juice a good sweet base and then you don't taste alot of the veggies. Good way to make the kids drink it. My favorite flavor is the beets (so earthy).

Will write more about my new garden as it starts to come together. I hope I can inspire those of you who do not juice. There simply is not a healthier choice.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment